Costs, Rebates and Financing
Solar doesn’t have to cost you anything out of pocket. Lock in low rates and secure better savings with no money down!
Diablo Solar’s system designers can perform a FREE in-home solar evaluation. If solar makes sense, we will provide a detailed cost estimate, including several financing options.
- Want a delayed payment? Diablo Solar provides 6-18 month bridge loans with no payments and no interest – same as cash!
- Worried about your credit score? Try Diablo Solar’s Property-Tax Loans with no credit check and no minimum credit score required!
- No home equity? Try an unsecured Solar Advantage Loan that is not tied to your current home value!
How Much Will A Solar System Cost?
Most systems can be installed for free. $0 down. $0 out-of-pocket. Free installation. Affordable, fixed monthly payments that are guaranteed to be less than your PG&E alternative.
The value of your solar system will depend upon several factors, including the size and location of your home, proximity to the sun, available roof space, ease of installation, and any rebates or incentives that may apply. For pool owners, the size of your pool and the proximity of the pool equipment to the solar installation site will also be significant factors. For those interested in solar-electric systems, the size of your PG&E bill is important to determining overall solar system value. Each system is customized and built to the unique needs of your home.
Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC)
Interested in a solar-electric system? Significant savings are available with the 30% Solar Federal Investment Tax Credit. For photovoltaic (PV) systems that are installed and operational before December 31, 2016, qualified homeowners or business owners can receive 30% off their total solar investment back as part of their federal tax return. Not a deduction, but a bottom-line credit that is typically still available to AMT (Alternative Minimum Tax) filers. Not everyone qualifies, but 99% do and Diablo Solar recommends that you check with your tax professional for any specific tax advice.
Loan vs Lease
Many Diablo Solar customers are able to pay for their solar system outright. For others, they may prefer a low monthly solar payment with little or nothing required at installation. At Diablo Solar, purchasing your solar system with a loan is always preferred to leasing or committing to a Power Purchase Agreement.
- Loans typically offer lower monthly payments.
- Loans allow you to keep any tax credits or other incentives that may be available.
- Loans end. Once your loan is paid off, you get to keep your valuable solar system.
- Loans offer fixed rates with no payment escalators. Never worry about your solar loan payment increasing.
- Loans are flexible. Moving? Take your solar system with you from house to house.
- Loans are easier to qualify for with some loan options not evening requiring a credit check.
Want more information on loans vs. leasing. Call Diablo Solar today and schedule your free, in-home solar evaluation at 925-313-0600.
What Financing Options Are Available?
Diablo Solar has partnered with the following financing companies to provide their clients with the very best solar loan options:
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) loans that are paid back through your property taxes.
- No minimum credit score or credit check required
- Loan does not show up on your credit report.
- Up to 100% of the loan payment can be tax deductible, just like your mortgage payment.
- Finance 100% of your solar cost with nothing down or out of pocket.
- Payments can start up to 18 months after solar installation.
- HERO is the #1 energy-efficiency financing program in the United States.
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE). PACE is similar to HERO but available in more communities.
- Borrow up to 15% of property value.
- Flexible repayment terms: 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years.
- Adds value to property.
- No prepayment penalty and free re-amortization.
- Balance can transfer to new owner upon sale.
- Financed amount won’t appear on credit report: NO impact on future debt-to-income ratio.
The Solar Advantage Loan is an unsecured, fixed rate loan for financing solar-electric systems or pool/PV combo systems.
- 6.5% fixed rates.
- Loans up to 20 years.
- Borrow up to $35,000.
- Unsecured Loan-not based on home equity.
- Minimum credit score of 680 required.
- $7.46 payment per $1,000 borrowed.
Short-term “free” bridge loans with no payments and no interest - same as cash.
- Borrow up to 30% of your solar electric investment (equal to the federal tax credit amount).
- Borrow up to 100% of your pool solar system value.
- 6, 12 or 18 month options available.
- No payments due and no interest accrued for entire loan term.